Want to avoid a patchy, streaky tan? Bellamianta have you covered with their top tips for the perfect glow.
I think it’s safe to say I love to tan. The only people to have seen me sans glow since I was 14, nearly 11 years ago, are my family and the boys family, who may I add tried to rush me to hospital for my ghostly complexion because it was “unnatural“!
Thanks to a mix of my Moms dark features and her ridiculous dark skin, that girl is tanned year round, mixed with the classic Irish redheaded Dad who is so pale his only tan is added freckles, I’ve been gifted with pale skin in the winter that tans during the summer sunshine. However that really isn’t enough for me and I am a tan all year round kinda gal, which I can pull off as I was gifted with Moms dark hair and eyes.
Basically long story short – I’m a tanning addict!
The bottle is my best friend when I’m not pool side during the summer, but I am not so close with the moisturiser so regularly my tan can become patchy and streaky. This is also partly because I don’t prep.
“Fail To Prepare, Prepare To Fail” the motto of Irish tanning brand Bellamianta Luxury Tan. Currently one of the top tan’s in the world and the brand behind the glow on Ireland’s Dancing With The Stars, however not Hughie’s who did his own!
Bellamianta Luxury Tan’s Top Tips For The Perfect Glow
- Prepare the skin by shaving and/or waxing at least 24 hours before application. This allows the skin to settle after shaving / waxing, which can irritate the skin and leave you with an uneven tan if applied straight after.
- Exfoliate and moisturise the skin in the days prior to applying your tan, but not the day of application. Similarly to taking time after shaving / waxing, exfoliating can cause the skin to become very dry. Ensure you moisturise well and leave 24 hours before you apply your tan.
- Ensure you apply your tan to clean dry skin that is free from all products, this gives the tan a clean canvas and ensures an even glow.
- Using the Bellamianta Luxury Tanning Mitt, with added grip proof lining and space for your thumb to ensure a seamless application, start by applying Bellamianta Luxury Tan from the ankles moving upwards in circular motions, leaving the face, hands and feet until last. Using only the residue product on the mitt, lightly apply the tan to the remaining areas.
- For particularly dry areas such as the hands and elbows, apply an oil free moisturiser 15 minutes prior to application. The oil free moisturiser will allow the tan to develop on the skin but not adhere to the drier areas.
- Wear loose clothing while your tan develops, this ensures a perfectly even tan. Clothes that are tight on the skin can rub off the developing tan which can somethings lead to a patchy result.
- Shower off the guide colour the morning after, or after the recommended time period as specified by your Bellamianta Luxury Tan product. Make sure to tap the skin dry and avoid any unnecessary rubbing with towels.
- Apply an oil free moisturiser all over the skin to keep it hydrated ensuring a longer lasting tan. Oil breaks down tan so make sure the moisturiser you are reaching for is oil free so your glow stays perfect for longer.
- For the best wear off results, Bellamianta Tan recommends you exfoliate with the Bellamianta Exfoliating Mitt to remove dead skin cells and moisturise with an oil free moisturiser to ensure an even wear off.
Now for the part I always get wrong, as I tend to just apply over old tan. Disclaimer – DON’T do that!
To remove your tan perfectly, Bellamianta suggest –
- Lather the skin in baby oil an hour before showing. Using the Bellamianta Luxury Exfoliating Mitt in the shower to buff the skin and remove any remaining tan. Depending on the level of tan on the skin, this step may need to be repeated to ensure all tan is removed.
- Keep the skin hydrated by using a rich moisturiser in the days leading up to a re-application.
“We hope this helps and gives everyone the confidence to fake tan like a pro . Fake tan can work for anyone, even the typical pale Irish skin . The trick is to tread lightly and we can all achieve that beautiful natural golden glow like you have spent a summer in Barbados.” said Lisa and Linda the founders of Bellamianta.
I predict a body oil filled shower later to rid myself of my patchy dry skinned tan just in time for a fresh layer for the weekend. I’ll let you know how I get on following Bellamianta’s tips. Hopefully they have finally given a tanning addict the perfect recipe for a non patchy glow!
Great tips, Bellamianta has shot to the top of my favourites list since I started using it last year. I gave up tan in October so that I’d have a good tan for my holiday soon as unfortunately I don’t get on well with the sun…. x